Title 1 School Improvement Executive Summary
Westvale Elementary has a plan to improve instruction and school engagement for all students. A complete outline of this plan may be accessed at Westvale’s website (http://westvale.jordandistrict.org/) and in the front office. Odette Desmarais, the principal will address questions regarding this improvement plan and welcomes feedback and input for school improvement.
Below is a brief summary of Westvale’s goals for improvement:
Westvale Elementary students will increase scores by 40% or more in English Language Arts and 40% or more in Math from pre-test to post-test.
- Curriculum maps have been created and will continue to be used to guide instruction as well as scope and sequence of the teaching of standards.
- Grade level teams will create and give common assessments to students on each standard.
- Grade level teams will use evidence to plan for targeted interventions for students who did not learn and extended learning opportunities for those that have achieved the intended outcome.
All K-3 classrooms will meet at least an expected years growth in Dibels.
- Small group differentiated instruction will be implemented daily to ensure targeted instruction. Lesson plans will be posted in our collaborative folder on the Google Drive.
- Grade level teams will use the results from progress monitoring to analyze and track how students are progressing toward pathways of progress goals.
- W.I.N. time will be built into the master schedule for every grade level as a time for targeted interventions.
Westvale Elementary will reduce the number of inappropriate student behaviors requiring intervention for 10%.
- A school-wide discipline plan will be developed and implemented including standardized rules, expectations, along with positive and negative consequences.
- Leadership opportunities will be provided for students to promote connection and ownership in the daily running of the school.
- Instructional coaches and special education teachers will work with classroom teachers on best practices and effective classroom management/engagement strategies.