Westvale Elementary, located in a growing area of West Jordan City, serves a diverse community. The school values all students academic and behavioral needs. We do our best to help students gain a good foundation in basic skills as well as develop a sound social/emotional foundation.
- Westvale Elementary serves 573 students in grades K-6.
- The school uses a Traditional year calendar based off of quarters.
- The school day begins at 8:25 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m. except for Fridays when school is dismissed at 12:30 p.m. to allow teachers time for planning and to conduct meetings.
- Westvale opened in 1967 which makes it one of the oldest elementary schools in the district. Westvale has received extensive remodeling bringing it up to current state standards.
- The curriculum follows State and District guidelines, and meets all requirements for elementary students.
- Teachers in each grade level work as a team to meet the needs of all of the students in the grade.
- All staff members are formally evaluated on a regular basis to assure quality education in the classroom.
- Special education services are provided for students with learning disabilities and speech, visual, hearing, language and behavioral handicaps.
- Bus service is provided for all students who live 1-1/2 miles or more from school. About 40 percent of our students qualify to ride.
- A nutritious hot lunch is prepared each day in the school cafeteria. The student price is $1.75 per lunch. Westvale Elementary also serves breakfast each morning. The student price is $.80 per breakfast. Free and reduced price breakfasts and lunches are available to qualifying students.
- An active PTA, School Community Group, and Parent Volunteer program give parents many opportunities to be involved at school.
- Visitors are always welcome at Westvale. State law requires that all visitors first check in at the office before visiting classrooms.
- Our teachers create an exciting, motivating learning environment in the their classrooms.
Ask the front office about enrichment opportunities at Westvale
- Chess Club
- Robotics Club
- Math Olympiad