- To provide extended education and personal learning opportunities in areas of special interest.
- To improve students’ written communication skills.
- Choose 8 goals, one from each area of interest.
- Keep a journal recording
- What you plan to do,
- What you did,
- How you feel or what you learned.
- Parents sign off on completion of each goal. Turn completed journal into your teacher by the deadline.
Due Date: Third Friday in May
Art, Drama, Music
- Perform in a recital, play, musical, concert, or art show.
- Attend a play, concert, art fair, art exhibit, etc. Record your experience in a journal.
- Set up a personal goal for reading novels. Your journal needs to include an annotated list and brief paragraph of each book.
- Write an original story using the writing process.
- Great Brain.
- Attend Author’s Night and read part of your story.
- Attend a Career Day at your parent’s place of employment.
- Design your own fitness program. You will need to follow the program for a minimum of three weeks.
- Participate in a sport, i.e. gymnastics, dance, karate, team sport, etc. Keep a weekly journal of what you did for practice, games, and events. Include your success, improvements and feelings about the experience for two months.
- Plan and conduct an experiment using the scientific method, in addition to the 5th Grade Science Fair. Share and report the experiment findings to your class.
- Prepare a report on a scientist or a science topic of interest. Include a written oral presentation.
- Design a community service project that requires at least 5-8 hours of your time.
- Create a kit that could be used for babysitting (games, toys, projects, etc.)
- Report on a U.S. President of choice. Include a written and oral presentation.
- Complete a report on Canada or Mexico. Include a written and oral presentation.
- Publish an original story with graphics using a computer.
- Produce a video commercial for one of your favorite products.